It’s been a good month so far despite the holidays coming up. I don’t do Christmas, I just like the tree and lights.
… week to all my American readers! Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.
I will be cooking with just the three of us because J has to work 12 hours before and after Turkey day. Then he won’t have another day off until Christmas. Joy.
Not much going on for me. I finally dragged myself away from DA:Inquisition and back into Sims 3 (and Sims 2 for a contest during October).
Of note: Thanks to all the readers over the years!
The Tart’s hit 30,000 views and I missed it until today. Speaking of, I did get Chapter 5 done on November 16. Of course they really annoyed me and I haven’t been back.
I have been playing my Vinson 2.0 though!
Chapter 5 – November 17.
Chapter 6 – November 17
Chapter 7 – November 19
Chapter 8 – November 19
Chapter 9 – November 21
Chapter 10 – November 22
Chapter 11 – November 23
Omg, I am so sorry guys. This will be a blanket post put on all my blogs because I’m super lazy and anti-Sims right now.
But Jenn, what have you been up to lately? Well, it certainly has nothing to do with me getting a life, don’t worry!
See that 586 hours? Well, in September it was only like 375 or some shit.
I did do the Asylum’s 2nd anniversary contest, but I ended it a bit early so I could get back to said DA:I faster. It was in Sims 2 and it sucked, but go vote for me anyway. Oh wait, there is only one day left in voting, so nevermind.
Oh and hubby took up a new hobby. Moonshine and Rum. I may or may not be on my way to full on drunkenness at this exact moment. The current batch I am sampling (Rum) is 140 proof and you can’t even taste the alcohol. So, that has been fun to sample and watch him try new things (blackberry, coconut, peppermint, peach, and cinnamon that he gives away to whoever wants it).
Anyway, I haven’t played, so you aren’t missing a single thing. This also means that I have fallen behind in my reading too. I will catch up soon, I promise. I just have no clue how long my inactivity will go on.
After a super long break, I have returned! I spent a couple of months on FFXIV, but I got bored with it, so I am back with the Sims again.
I can’t believe it has been around two months since the last update. It probably has to do with me ignoring sims and playing FF XIV. Okay, not probably, most def.
Holy crap! So, I was nominated for the Liebster Award twice by (The Tart ISBI and The Dreamsicle BISBI) Umbramuse and also by itsjulie and Heather (sorry I forgot to post you up the first time around!) for my main blog, Jenn’s Junkyard. I’m pretty amazed by this. I think the only other thing I was nominated for was the loony bin.
The Official Rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Kahekili Random Legacy by Nirar. Great story and wonderful sims. I do happen to be in love with Generation 7 particularly.
Colourcaste by winterpearlbleach (Rose). I love this story so much.
The Skipton ISBI and The Shepherd Legacy by Mariah – because both are so full a awesome! Of course, would you ever expect less from the creator of the Chimerees?
Mendeleev ISBI by ozziedoggirl
Dayes of Our Lives by Rad because she does everything and it’s super great fun.
Rainbow Knights by Rad one of my all time favorite super speedy rainbow uglacies. She then went on to do Knights in Bright Patterns, where she then starts with Gen 10 and turns it into a prettacy.
Questions asked by Umbramuse
1. To be or not to be?
I prefer not to be.
2. Okay, let’s get serious. Why did you decide to write a sim legacy/challenge/story/clusterf**k?
Right after Pets, I started the Vinson EPIC legacy. A week after that I started the Tart’s. I started the EPIC because it was a new challenge (and I proudly state that I am the first one to complete it) and also because my friend Styxlady was one of the co-creators. I started the Tart’s after reading A Berry Crazy ISBI and in fact, her Blackberry Sorbet was my founder’s spouse.
3. Do you have a favorite sim from your challenge/legacy family? It’s okay, the others don’t have to know.
I actually do not get attached to my sims. Not even a little bit. If I had to choose one, everyone knows Ivory Mist would probably murder me in my sleep if I did not name her. She is my assassin, who has done a prison challenge (failed), then did a perfect genetics challenge (failed) and a homemaker challenge (failed). She was then whisked away to be in the Kahekili random legacy for a few chapters. Now she just hangs out in my neighborhoods with Colin and making me babies.
Here she is before she was domesticated by with Colin. It has also been my header on facebook for years.
4. Are you the only Simmer in your family? If so, do they think you’re totally crazy for bossing around a bunch of little pixels?
Yes, I am the only one. Mostly if I am reading a story and LOL, someone will ask what is funny. I just say “Sims” and they run away screaming.
5. What’s your favorite Sims 3 expansion and why?
World Adventures, because I love doing the tombs. There’s something about a sim on fire that amuses me greatly and mine tend to catch fire quite easily.
6. What do you love the most about the Sims 3 (or the Sims 4), besides sating that god complex?
All the ways that you can kill them.
7. Would you rather Nick Alto, Gunther Goth, or Geoffrey Landgraab? For any lady lovers: Vita Alto, Cornelia Goth, or Nancy Landgraab.
None of the above, but if I HAD to choose, I’d do a Landgraab.
8. Favorite world? Custom, store, or EP are all acceptable.
I think my favorite is Sunlit Tides. It’s playable for long periods of time with no lag. I don’t necessarily enjoy the default sims there, but the world itself is gorgeous.
9. Are there any other video games you enjoy playing?
I play tons of video games. I have recently completed Dragon 1, 2 and 3. I just bought Final Fantasy XIV, which is downloading as we speak. The family recently conned me into trying Clash of Clans, which now I am completely addicted to. I have Final Fantasy XIII-3 on the PS3 going and Final Fantasy XII on the PS2 going. I have completed all of these games several times actually. I do have Titanfall, in fact I did a major computer upgrade just to play it on the recommended settings and then found I was not a big fan of the game. Just to clarify, I am a complete and utter fan of Final Fantasy 1 – 13. I have them all.
10. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I will listen to just about anything, but I pretty much only listen to Metallica, Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise currently. I’m old, so I do prefer my 80’s music to anything else and probably always will.
11. And finally the most important question of all: Coke or Pepsi? Admission that Dr. Pepper is the one true soda is also acceptable.
Neither. I drink water most of the time (flavored not that tap water shit). I do have Cherry Dr. Pepper, Root Beer and Sunkist Orange sitting in the fridge too.
Questions asked by itsjulie
1. If you were stranded on a desert island with one of the sim characters from your story – which one would you like it to be?
Probably Ivory Mist. She would probably spend her days trying to kill me, so at least I would have something to do besides cry that I don’t have a shower or internet.
2. How long have you been playing the sims for and what got you started?
I started playing just before Pets came out, so probably in August of 2011. I think it all started when I played Sims Social for about a week (and disliked it). I found out about Sims 3 through that and bought The Sims Deluxe (base game and Ambitions). Within the month I had everything up to Pets.
3. What other hobbies do you have outside of simming, blogging and writing.
I like to read. Our family also has invested in some RC cars and we are building a racetrack on our side yard to race. I also play other games and watch movies.
4. What is your favourite sim trait and why?
Family Oriented and because my sims tend to have hundreds of children.
5. Do you think there is an age limit to when you should be playing sims, or an age when it is not acceptable anymore?
Nah. I think when I finally get bored, I will just stop playing.
6. Where do you get the inspiration from for your writing?
I do not write. I am commentary style. I usually base it on what is going on in game or something from the thought bubbles.
7. What do you love most about the Sims game. What keeps you playing it?
I have no clue. I think it’s all the challenges out there for the game. I love doing challenges and legacies.
8. How seriously do you take your writing? Is it just for fun or would you like to make a living out of it one day?
I have 0 (ZERO!!!) artistic talent. I will not ever write for fun or profit. Nothing I do is serious anyway.
9. Which are your favourite world, expansion pack and premade sim?
I hate premade sims with a passion. I will marry them into a family, but only if the rules explicitly require it. My favorite world is Sunlit Tides and my favorite expack is World Adventures.
10. Five sim traits that describe you.
Haha! Grumpy, family oriented, slob, loser, and great sense of humor.
11. Tell me a random fact about yourself.
I absolutely detest shopping of any kind and I will commit murder before ever going to a mall.
Questions from Heather
1. Did you every play TS1? How about any of it’s expansions?
No, I never have. I did go and get Sims 2 about a year after I found Sims 3.
2. Do you like to have the last word?
3. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
Olives. I won’t eat a pizza without them.
4. What is something you want to accomplish in the next 5 years?
I quit smoking about 3 years ago. It took half that long to find food is a great replacement. I want to lose the weight I gained. I just bought an elliptical machine last week to help me with that goal.
5. What’s the last book you read?
The Lion, the Witch and Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. I am rereading the whole series.
6. S’mores – necessary camping treat, or gross?
Necessary! We even just make them in the backyard once in a while.
7. Do you have TS4? TS3? TS2? Name something you like about each one you have.
I have all three. In TS2 and TS3, toddlers. In TS4…. …. um nothing. I hate the game with all the passion in my veins. Yes, I do have the Outdoor stuff and Go to Work. I haven’t played either or even turned on TS 4 since November.
8. Can you speak Simlish?
Nope. Although, my guys do make up words for the Pirate song from TS2. It is not fit for public listening though.
9. How many Sims have you intentionally killed, and why?
*hides* I kill all my sims when they piss me off. Seriously. I open up the cheat console and then starve the little bastards by tanking their food bar. I then quit without saving and take a long break from whoever it was that drove me to that point. I have also been known to have pee parties. If they piss me off, I take them into a public place and tank their bladder bar about 20 times. Yes. Yes, I do have issues.
10. I was asked this question, and I liked it – Who’s your favorite legacy spare? How about Heir? Legacy spare? I don’t get attached to sims that often. After they are kicked out, I forget about them immediately. But if I had to pick one, it would be Cola-Fizz Tart, to the point that I wish he had been heir. My favorite heir would probably be Zachary Vinson for the fact that he was the last heir for the Vinson’s and I really, really was super excited to be done with that family.
11. Do other people in your lives know you play and blog? Do they care?
Only the guys in my house. No, they don’t care one bit. I think Stink is reading the Tart’s, but mostly a chapter a month.
Questions for the Nominees:
1. What expansion do you dislike the most?
2. If you could be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
3. Boxers or briefs? Oh wait, you’re all females, aren’t you? Dresses or pants?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any decade, when and where would you be?
5. Your favorite sim to kill off?
6. You’re stranded on an island with one person and two items. Who is with you and what do you have with you?
7. Name one thing on the left-hand side of your computer area/desk.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. How many legacies/stories/challenges have you started and quit?
10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
11. Seasons: Which one is your favorite and why?